PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) metal finishing is a transformative process in hardware applications, enhancing both appearance and durability. This advanced technique deposits a durable layer onto hardware surfaces, creating a lasting bond. PVD offers a range of colors and finishes, enabling hardware to match diverse designs. Apart from aesthetics, PVD's resistance to tarnishing, scratching, and corrosion ensures hardware maintains its quality. PVD is environmentally friendly, aligning with sustainability practices. Opting for PVD-coated hardware combines visual appeal with lasting performance, offering an eco-conscious solution.
All coated finishes, including PVD ones, are subject to wear over time, especially on frequently-handled items like hardware. Although a protective clear coat is applied to extend the finish's lifespan, the finish may eventually wear down, exposing the base metal beneath. For those prioritizing long-lasting appearance, we suggest solid metals like brass and stainless steel. However, even these metals will experience natural processes such as patination and oxidation. Many value the character these changes bring, but if you wish to keep the original look, please follow our care guide.>
Browse products with PVD coatings here.
- Clean with a mild, non-abrasive soap and water.
- Use a soft cloth to wipe down the surface gently.
- Avoid abrasive cleaners, steel wool, and scouring pads.
- Do not use acidic or harsh chemicals for cleaning.
- Dry the PVD-coated hardware immediately after cleaning.
- Avoid exposing the hardware to extreme temperatures.