Bypass Barn Door Hardware STANDARD
- 0 available for immediate shipping, for additional quantities refer to Estimated Lead Time.
- LEAD TIME: 3-6 weeks | Made to Order
- Product Downloads
Patented in Canada and the USA and made in Canada, the Single Track Bypass™ barn door hardware is a groundbreaking innovation from the Canadian studio 1925Workbench. This system allows two doors to glide seamlessly on one single track. It's an efficient alternative to the traditional double track bypass setup, minimizing hardware requirements and simplifying installation.
Designed for practicality and space optimization, this bypass system is perfect for large openings where wall space is limited. Whether it's due to constraints that prevent large doors from fitting, or insufficient wall space on either side for doors to open outward, this system offers an effective solution.
Constructed from high-quality materials like brass and steel, our hardware is built for durability and consistent performance. We provide a range of finishes including Brass, Raw Steel, Stainless Steel, and Black, to suit diverse design needs.
We recommend reading the installation instructions before purchasing. See our Installation Guide for more details.
Customization is central to our approach. We tailor the track length to fit your specific requirements. For a detailed quote, please provide:
- Style: Top Mount, Face Mount, or Bi-Part
- Finish: Brass, Raw Steel, Stainless Steel, or Black
- Required Length
- Drilling Option: Pre-drilled or Not drilled
Proudly made and designed in Toronto by 1925Workbench, this hardware is a testament to innovative design and technical precision.
- Bypass systems available in two variations:
- Telescopic: both doors move together in a telescoping manner allowing access to full space. Require wall space to park the doors when opened.
- Standard: each door moves independently in front of the opening, allowing access to half of the space at a time. This is not recommended for openings less than 60” wide.
Pre-Drilled vs. Non Pre-Drilled Holes
- Pre-drilling available, please specify when ordering. Please select if the track should be pre-drilled, or not pre-drilled. If you will be drilling on site, select not pre-drilled.
- Pre-drilled is 14.75” – 17.25” spaced evenly along the track.
- Pre-drilled tracks must be mounted on a backing piece to ensure the door clears baseboards or moldings.
- Not pre-drilled tracks require drilling on site and can be installed directly to the wall if baseboards are flush and there is adequate blocking within the wall.
Track Length & Measuring
- To establish the track length: order at least twice the width of the door plus min 2" either side for overlap.
- The width of the door should be 4" wider than the opening to overlap by 2" on each side. The door should be large enough to cover any door frames or casing if applicable.
- Track over 93" are shipped in 2 pieces.
- Recommended headroom (distance between the top of the opening and the ceiling) is 8"-10". Minimum required headroom is 6".
- Rated for doors up to 200 lbs. Please note, this is the maximum recommended weight for each pair of hangers. The actual weight bearing capacity will vary depending on how the track has been fastened to the wall.
- For custom powder coating option, a small hole (5/16" diameter) will be drilled at either end of the track for fabrication techniques. This hole is applicable to all "Drilled" or "Non-Drilled" orders. For the Single Track Bypass, these holes are 1" from the end. For other hardware, the holes are 1.5" from the end.
- The Floor Guide is a small bracket that is mounted on the floor at the bottom of the door to keep the door in place.
- The Floor Guide is not required but highly recommended to ensure stability.
- The Floor Guide can be mounted in two ways:
- The slot guide
- The clamp guide
Solid Brass, stainless steel, and/or heavy metal.
High quality solid brass rollers with double built-in ball bearings are used for the quiet motion.