Invisible Plate 1 Gang Outlet by Forbes & Lomax
- 0 available for immediate shipping, for additional quantities refer to Estimated Lead Time.
- Estimated lead time is 8-10 weeks. Please note, the Aged Brass finish has a lead time of 12-14 weeks.
- Product Downloads
The Invisible Plate by heritage electric brand Forbes & Lomax is a one-gang transparent acrylic outlet. This style is available in various configurations, including outlet, USB, and duplex. Inspired by the glass plates of the 1930s, The Invisible Plate is designed to showcase unique wall treatments, such as wallpaper and lime wash.
The Invisible finish is crafted for use with wallpaper and includes two wall plates: a clear lucite top plate and a white metal backplate. When installed with stone or tiles instead of wallpaper, the white metal backplate may require faux painting to blend with the stone.
For installation guidance, please refer Product Downloads below.
Forbes & Lomax provides a comprehensive range of outlets for power, phone, data and cable TV to compliment the Rotary Dimmers and Toggle Switches. Outlets can be mixed with configurations of duplex, cable, toggle switches, rotary dimmers, and push buttons on the same plate. Contact us for custom configurations and alternate outlet colours.
Established in 1987, Forbes & Lomax is a UK based company with a reputation for high quality design amongst architects and designers.
1 Gang Plate: W 70 mm (2.76”) X H 115 mm (4.53”)
Also available in:
2 Gang Plate: 115 mm (4.53”) X 115 mm (4.53”)
For 3 and 4 Gang plate, please contact us for more information.
3 Gang Plate: W 162 mm (6.38”) X 115 mm (4.53”)
4 Gang Plate: W 210mm (8.27”) X 115 mm (4.53”)
- Duplex (Tamper Resistant)
- Duplex GFCI (Tamper Resistant)
- Duplex with USB (Tamper Resistant)
- Phone (RJ11) - contact us
- Data (Cat 5 or Cat 6) - contact us
- Cable TV (F Type Coax) - contact us
See full Technical Specification sheets below.
- Wall-plates conform to UL 514D and are certified to CSA C22.2 No. 42.
- Outlets conform to UL498 and are certified to CSA C22.2 No. 42.
- Please review and ensure all certifications are applicable for your local code.
- If unsure, please send our Sales Team full SPECS of lighting for a compatibility review.
- Must be installed by a licensed electrician.
- Outlets are rated to be installed on 20amp circuits.
- Plug shape on the outlets is for standard 15amp plugs.
- Outlets install into standard junction boxes but the boxes must be recessed below the finished wall surface by at least 1/8". Please refer to the Wallbox Assemble Diagram in the Installation Guide below. If you are installing into existing junction boxes, you will probably find the boxes are already recessed by at least this much but please check to make sure before placing an order.
Areas of application: Light-duty Commercial, Residential
- Screws are available in Unlacquered Brass, Nickel Silver, Brushed Stainless Steel, Antique Bronze and Aged Brass
- Outlet inserts are available in Black, Grey, White, Light Almond and Oyster, please contact us for alternate colours.
Note: materials will slowly age or oxidize over time. Wipe clean with a dry, non-abrasive microfiber cloth. Avoid use of chemical or alcohol based cleaners. Refer to the care guide below for best practices.